Happy April! I'm sure glad it's a weekend. I think I overheard a few kiddos in the class planning ways to trick Mrs. Filardi.
Shapes, Shapes, Shapes
This math unit teaches about 2D and 3D shapes. We are learning the attributes of these shapes, and how shapes are used to measure area.
During our Reading Workshop, students are reading books from a series. They are reading with their book partners and periodically meeting with their Book Clubs. Each day begins with a mini-lesson and a goal.
Students estimated and then used square tiles to measure the area of different rectangles.
| Yes, those are Pringles! |
We will also begin a new science unit. Below are the standards that we will be addressing. We are excited to use the new grow-labs that were obtained through a local grant.
2-LS2-1. Plan and conduct an investigation to determine if plants need sunlight and water to grow.
2-LS2-2. Develop a simple model that mimics the function of an animal in dispersing seeds or pollinating plants.
2-LS4-1. Make observations of plants and animals to compare the diversity of life in different habitats.
No comments:
Post a Comment